Thursday, May 28, 2009

Glass Painting's

Everyone who first meet's me ask what i do...i say Housewife....soon afterwards comes the big question...then how do u pass ur time??..N the general answer i give is cook,clean,bake n deocrate cakes n do glass painitng.

Glass painting... i was first introduced to this hobby in 2004 just by mistake...I was doing my MBA n them Amma was like apart from studying u dont even have a nice hobby...Ofcourse she will not let me come into the kitchen n cook then..

So she introduced me to her friend...n she inturn introduced me to her cousin,who does glass painting,mehndhi,pot painting etc...all such simple stuff.

That's how i learnt my glass painting.Here are a few of my works..








It's just a nice n simple hobby which doesnt require much painting skills.Thanks to amma i learnt it because of her.During my initial stay in US..this helped me a lot to pass my time...n from then on it became one of my hobby.

So when i went to india last year i wanted to thank Amma...So i painted the rajasthani lady n some camels(that u see above) n framed it n gave it to her when i stayed over there.

The other 2 paintings that of the birds n fish on lotus were my first paintings in US(painted on 2nd week after coming to US).The elephant painting was a gift to my friend who recently bought a townhome.They were some more which i gave as gifts but forgot to take a picture of them.

I usually get a photo frame with glass(since framing is quite costly out here in US) n paint on that...on most occassions i give them as gifts to my friends,which make's them very happy..

I will blog the procedure of how to paint on glass along with pictures(picture tutorial) soon

3 comments:

  1. outstanding work amukta!..When I was a kid I had this avid passion for art that I used to sketch images and paint them with colors. They are so precious and still remain close to my heart till date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah nice to have such hobbies u feel so relaxed when u do it..so do u still sketch in ur free time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!! Keep up the good work. Check out my blog for glass paintings and do comment on them. http://ramblingsofmyrambunctiousmind.blogspot.com/

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete